If you’ve never been to a Lenten fish fry at Assumption Church in Broadview Heights, (9183 Broadview Road) Ohio, make it a point to come to at least once, and bring a bunch of your friends..you won’t be disappointed! Our fish frys have often received coverage by the local t.v. stations.
The dates are as follows and all are from 4:00p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Mar. 11
- Mar. 18
- Mar. 25
- Apr. 1
- Mar. 8
- Mar. 15
I have been a member of Assumption Church since 1990 and have both worked at and enjoyed the fish frys for many years so I know first hand just how good they are.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Broiled orange roughy dinner, with your choice of 3 pirogies or haluski (cabbage and noodles) or french fries, coleslaw or applesauce, bread and butter, coffee or tea. $13.00
- Adult dinner which includes 2 pieces of fried cod, or 2 crab cakes, or 10 fried shrimp or 6 pirogies and same sides as above. $9.00
- Senior Dinner, same as above adult dinner. $7.00
- Children’s dinners (age 12 and under) are also available and offer 1 piece of fried cod, or 1 slice of cheese pizza, or grilled cheese sandwich with the sides being 2 pierogis, or french fries or mac-n-cheese, plus applesauce or coleslaw, bread and butter. $5.00
- Pop and bottled water are sold for $1.00
- Additional sides are $3.50
- Pierogi varieties include potato, cheese, sauerkraut, and prune
The pierogis are all handmade by the men and ladies of our church as is the coleslaw. It’s my favorite coleslaw ever..and I am very picky.
Take out orders are also available and you can call 440-546-9552 after 4:00p.m.
Desserts are made and sold by the Parent’s Club to benefit Assumption Academy. Having worked the dessert table for many years I can tell you that these Moms know how to bake and a great many of these desserts are homemade and because the parents take turns baking, there is always a nice variety of baked goods.
It is mind boggling just how much work goes into these fabulous fish frys. From the homemade noodles, pierogis, and coleslaw, to all the volunteers that serve up the food, and those that do the MAJOR clean up afterwards, to those who set up the tables, and those that put the tartar sauce in those little cups. This is a huge endeavor and all you have to do is
RE/MAX Trinity | 7570 Chippewa Rd. | Brecksville Ohio 44141
of Cleveland, Ohio or in the surrounding communities,
please call me at 440-263-7496, or Visit My Website
for more specific information on the communities I service:
Brecksville OH Real Estate, Broadview Heights OH Real Estate, North Royalton OH Real Estate,
Independence OH Real Estate, Seven Hills OH Real Estate, Parma OH Real Estate,
Parma Heights OH Real Estate, Middleburg Heights OH Real Estate.
Properties subject to prior sale, rental, or other status changes.